Monday, March 21, 2016

Victoria’s Secret Make it Last PRIME & Set Makeup Spray Review

This review will be a bit different since this is a colorless makeup and this is my first time trying out a primer water or spray, so come with me on this new makeup journey! Victoria’s Secret Prime & Set Makeup Spray is a water or liquid that has dual function which is to helps prime your face before putting makeup and also helps set the makeup you’ve put. So you can use it before or after putting makeup, i prefer to use this both before and after makeup for maximum benefit. Victoria’s Secret Prime & Set Makeup Spray adalah air atau cairan yang ounya dua fungsi yaitu untuk bantu prime wajah sebelum pakai makeup dan set makeup supaya tahan lebih lama. Jadi bisa dipakai sebelum atau sesudah pakai makeup, kalau aku biasanya pakai sebelum dan juga sesudah supaya keuntungan yang di dapetin maksimal. The claims of this product are : 1. Ensures smear-, smudge- and budge-proof makeup for up to 8 hours 2. Under Makeup, provides a smooth and seamless application 3. Over Makeup, helps hold the look in place THE REVIEW The nozzle of this bottle is not the best, it doesn’t quite distribute the product (tends to sprayed the liquid into one small part of the face only) but it does produce tiny liquid particles (fine mist) so it’s fine for me. As a primer, this product works well for me. For around 5 minutes after application i can feel my skin tightens especially on my dry areas (my skin is combination) this is because it control your face oil. I don’t recommend this for very dry skin as this product may over dry your skin but it is perfect for me. This leaves a beautiful satin finish while keeping your face oil-free and once i put foundation over it, the foundation blends easier so it does act like what the second claim says. However, as a setting spray it doesn’t hold my makeup for 8 hours. It does prolong my makeup for 30-60 minutes longer than if i don’t use it, but that’s it. After that, my foundation starts wear off but my highlighter and eyeshadow did stays longer than that probably for total 5 hours. So i tried to test it on eyeshadow swatch (the test video will be uploaded on my instagram) and it does make the eyeshadow budge proof! I don’t know why it doesn’t work as great on my face makeup as it is on my eye makeup but that’s how it is.
This also works to intensify your eyeshadow, wet your brush with this before picking up the shadow and the shadow will be more pigmented.
Alat penyemprot botol ini agak annoying sih karena kurang bisa distribusiin produk nya ke seluruh muka (liquid nya cuma ke semprot ke satu bagian kecil aja) tapi partikel air nya halus banget jadi mist gitu, ga bikin makeup belepotan karena ga benar benar “basah”/ Sebagai primer aku suka banget sih. Pas dipake kulit aku kerasa mengencang karena produk ini ngontrol kadar minyak di wajah tapi perasaan ini akan hilang setelah 5 menit kok. Aku ga rekomendasiin buat kulit yang ekstra kering sih karena bisa bikin kulit kamu tambah kering tapi untuk kulit kombinasi aku ini bagus banget karena ini bikin wajah aku ga berminyak tapi hasil makeup nya kelihatan satin, ga matte banget jadi masih kelihatan natural. Lalu ini juga bantu foundation aku jadi lebih gampang di blend nya. Tapi, sebagai setting spray produk ini ga bikin makeup aku awet untuk 8 jam sih, paling makeup ku jadi lebih tahan 30-60 menit dari biasanya. Setelah itu foundation aku mulai luntur, tapi highlighter dan eyeshadow aku engga, mereka tahan sekitar total 5 jam. Lalu aku coba test di eyeshadow swatch (videonya bakal aku post di instagram ku) dan ini emang bantu eyeshadow jadi tahan walau udah di gosok pakai tissue loh. Nah aku gatau kenapa nih kalau di aku primer & set spray ini lebih bisa bikin makeup mata aku tahan lama dibanding face makeup aku. Ini juga bisa buat memperkuat warna eye shadow loh, basahi kuas makeup kamu dengan prime & set spray ini baru sebelum ambil eye shadow nya, hasil nya akan lebih berpigmentasi dan warnannya lebih “keluar”. Overall i like this product as a primer not so much as a setting spray. I heard urban decay makes a good setting spray so i will definitely try that in the future. I also got my hands on victoria’s secret a dry shampoo and leave-in conditioner so please let me know if you want a review on that too. See you on my next post, much love xo’s Nadya! Pros : Makes foundation blends easier Control oil Leaves satin finish Cons: Not a fan of the spray nozzle Does not keep my makeup on for 8 hours like how it’s claimed

No comments:

Post a Comment