Monday, March 21, 2016

Sleek Matte Me Review and Swatches

Hi everyone, hope you’re doing good today. Remember when I post a review of Lime Crime Velvetines? Those are beautiful but quite expensive, and with all the lime crime controversy you might want to try something else to substitute them.
These are the Sleek’s Matte Me, it is also a liquid lipstick that will dry matte. The concepts of this product is similar to the Lime Crime Velvetines. I got it for IDR 168.000 from an online shop on Instagram (@dejoyofmakeup) they sell ready stock makeup from brands that you cannot find in stores in Indonesia. I am quite pleased with this shop since the customer service is great and their packaging is awesome!
So cute right? And they also wrapped my lipsticks with bubble wrap so it’s extra secure! I definitely recommend them for you to check. Here is the product info on their website, “Matte Me is a matte finish liquid lipstick that glides on in one smooth application, with no need for a second coat. The light as air texture provides you with comfortable wear for hours, that doesn’t cake, flake or dry out, ensuring long lasting color all day.” Now, onto my review to see if the product lives up to how it’s claimed.. Packaging wise, I love it. It looks modern, sleek, and expensive looking (when they really aren’t that expensive. The clear glass bottle tells you the color of the product right away. The applicator is a slim sponge applicator and I don’t find it hard to apply on my lips.
The way I review this product will be a comparison to the Lime Crime Velvetines. The product is not tested on animals and available in 6 shades. I only got two, birthday suit and petal. Unlike Lime Crime, the available shades is quite “safe” and “traditional” which I don’t mind. It smells like lipsticks, doesn’t have any added scent to it. The Matte Me takes longer time to dry then the Velvetines, but once it dries it is completely matte. It doesn’t feel sticky right after you apply it but after couple of hours, it will be sticky and flaky it will also start to transfer. This doesn’t stay as long as Velvetines. The pigmentation is good but the lighter color, petal, is streakier when applied, making it hard to get smooth application. Here are some swatches for you!
Petal
Petal is a neutral tone baby pink. On medium to tan skin, it’ll make your skin looks even tanner and give the “exotic” feels to your face. But it is tricky to apply on pigmented lips because it is a light color. Birthday Suit
Birthday Suit is a very natural pink with a bit of brown to it. Depending on your natural lip color, it can be a nude with brown undertone or a brownish pink. I think this color is gorgeous and so wearable, I can see a lot of skin tone looks amazing with this. Pros : Affordable Loving the shades available Quite Long Lasting Con : It is drying and tends to sit on the cracks and lines on your lips ( look at my lip swatch to see the lines) After couple of hours, it will flake, be sticky, and can transfer. Overall : i still think lime crime velvetines are better than this but I prefer the shades on Sleek’s Matte Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment