Monday, March 21, 2016

Etude House Drawing Eye Brow Pencil & Color My Brows Review

Hello Everyone! This time i will be reviewing two eyebrow products from Etude House, Drawing Eye Brow Pencil and Color My Brow, Brow Mascara.
For so long i’ve been on a quest to find an eyebrow pencil that will give me a natural look, and also a brow mascara to color my brow lighter so it will match my dyed hair. I really hope this two products can give me that. I got this products from Rakuten for a really affordable price, i belive the drawing eye brow costs about IDR 30,000 and the Color My Brows costs about IDR 70,000. The claim on the Etude House Websites are : Drawing Eye Brow, Soft textured eyebrow pencil comes with various color variants to match the color of skin and hair, giving it a natural and neat. Color My Brows, A mascara only for eyebrow to keep its layer neat and give natural but urbane color. What it does Hide dark & black brow: Providing natural and clear brow colors by hiding its own dark color. Easy & Quick brow coloring: Quickly dried to make brow layer and color fixed even while re-applying. Brow care: Allantoin, Beeswax, Carnauba wax provide nutrition and moisture on skin and brow. 1. Drawing Eye Brow : a. Packaging Packaging is so simple and really makes it easy for us. This product is double ended, it has the product on one end and a spoolie brush on the other end. I love that this is retractable, and the packaging makes the product comes out flat and thin rather that rounded as you can see in the picture below.
b. Product This eyebrow pencil is a bit hard in texture, which i prefer because it gives a softer strokes of color when applied. If an eyebrow pencil is soft and creamy, i think it can makes you overdrawn your eyebrow if you’re not careful. I like a creamy eyeliner because i want my eyeliner to look “there” but for eyebrow i prefer this texture because i like my eyebrow to looks more natural. I got the shades Gray Brown, which is a neutral dark brown. This is perfect for a brunette like me. There are 6 shades, dark brown, gray brown, brown, dark gray, gray, and black. The other browns looks quite warmer and reddish and there is no shades for lighter hair. The lightest shade is no 3 which is a medium warm brown. Since it is a Korean Brands i feel the shades is more suitable for Asian that usually have darker hair color. 2. Color My Brows a. Packaging The size of the products is 0.15 oz. / 4.5 g. Quite small and easy to put in your purse. The applicator is a medium size, i do wish it is smaller so it can be more precise but i think this size is fine. b. Product I got the darkest shade which is Rich Brown, this is a medium warm brown with some red tone in it. This one has lighter shades but still leans more to a warmer tone. There are 5 shades to choose, Rich Brown, Light Brown, Red Brown, Natural Brown, and Blondie Brown. From the picture on the website, i think the coolest shade is Natural Brown but unfortunately it is quite light for my dark hair. As the website says, it covers and color my black brow and make it lighter. It dries pretty quick and it also helps sets the brows so it last longer. If you already have naturally thick eyebrow, you can use this on its own it will look natural since you are just coloring your eyebrow and didn’t draw them on. However, if you have little hair in your brow i recommend you use this after using an eyebrow pencil or powder to color and set your brow. I don’t feel its moisturizing my brows but i didn’t expect a brow mascara to be. When i first swatches it on my hand i realize shimmer on this product, luckily it didn’t shows when you applied it to your brow because who wants shimmer on their brow anyway? I don’t understand why they put shimmer on it-_- SWATCHES
With Only Drawing Eye Brow in Gray Brown 02
With Only Color My Brows in Rich Brown 01
With Both Drawing Eye Brow and Color My Brows
For daily makeup i only use the Drawing Eye Brow Pencil, and for an event or whenever i need my brow to set longer i apply both the Drawing Eye Brow Pencil and the Color My Brows Brow Mascara. But when i’m in hurry and so lazy but still wants to have good looking brows, i will simply apply the Color My Brows. It will only take less than a minute and i’m good to go! Drawing Eye Brow Pros : Practical Hard texture yet pigmented Comes with a spoolie brush Affordable Retractable The product is thin and flat making it easy to draw thin strokes Drawing Eye Brow Cons : Limited Color Selection for Lighter Hair Colors Color My Brows Pros : Easy to use Pigmented Affordable Helps to set the brows Color My Brows Cons : Only available in warmer shades That’s all i have to say, overall I like both of the product especially the Drawing Eye Brow Pencil. Will definitely continue using both of this. Don’t forget to subscribe to my blog so you won’t miss a post and keep in touch with me on my social media, keep the positivity and have a good day everyone! xo’s Nadya.

No comments:

Post a Comment