Monday, March 21, 2016

Review : REVLON SuperLustrous Matte Lipstick & Colorstay Skinny Liquid Liner

Hi lovelies! I’m back with another product review for you. This time is about REVLON, mostly I will be talking about the Revlon SuperLustrous Matte Lipsticks, Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner Pencil and Revlon Colorstay Liquid Liner. If you have followed my blog or my Youtube channel since the beginning, you know that I use a lot of Revlon products. They are one of my favorite drugstore brands, affordable and easy to get because they are available on your drugstore and also on department stores. SuperLustrous Matte Lipstick
Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick is one of the first lipsticks that was introduced to me by my mother. She loves these lipsticks. Until this day, I believe both my mom and I still have that one sitting on our vanities. Another story, my cousin has sensitive lips, a lot of lipsticks will make her lips super dry due to allergy. Revlon Super Lustrous is one of the few lipsticks that she can wear without being allergic to.
This is a matte lipstick that won’t dried out your lips, it is creamy and glides beautifully when applied. The pigmentation is great and the color won’t be patchy / splotchy. These lipsticks contain Aloe Vera Extract and Vitamin C&E so that’s why they aren’t drying. Available in 8 shades, the shades that I got is Mauve it Over, In the Red, Paradise Pink, and Seductive Sienna. The last two shades mentioned is from their new launch. One tube consist 4.2 g products (which is a lot) and they retail only for Rp 65.000,00. Oh and on the bottom of the tube they got swatches of the shade so it’s easier to tell which is which. SWATCHES
Right-Left : Seductive Sienna, Paradise Pink, In the Red, Mauve it Over 1. Mauve it Over
I must say this is my favorite of the four because (ofcourse) it’s a NUDE lipstick! YASSS! I looove nude lipsticks, you can wear it with any kind of look IMO. This one is a very neutral nude, not too pink, not too peach, and not too brown. A perfect balance. It is light enough to be a nude but not too pale so it doesn’t wash me out. My mom saw me wear this one the other day and she loved it, so I gave this one to her. Yes I know, I’m a good daughter XD 2. In the Red
In the Red is a deep cool tone red. This kind of red is very classy and sexy in my opinion. Plus, it will make your teeth look whiter. I find this shade of red really suits my skintone, so if your skintone is similar to me you might want to try this one out. 3. Paradise Pink
This particular shade screams SUMMER and FUN to me. It’s a bright pink with a hint of coral/orange. It has warm tones so it will make your skin appear brighter if you have warm undertone. 4. Seductive Sienna
I agree of the name, it is a seductive shade! It is a chocolatey red, it’s deep and rich of color. I really like this because it’s a statement but not too bold that it is not wearable for day makeup. Seriously, I would have no problem to wear this lipstick for the day. ColorStay Skinny Liquid Liner and ColorStay Eyeliner Pencil
I have use the original Revlon Colorstay Liquid Liner so I’m excited to try the “skinny” version! The difference is on the felt tip applicator, this one is skinnier so you can make a very thin line with this. Honestly I don’t have any problem with the original, but this one does make it even easier for me.
the tip is ultra fine, it’s 0.1 mm!
As you can see, I’m able to make a very thin line as well as a perfect winged eyeliner with this fine tip. The color is very pigmented and it’s also a waterproof formula. I already know I’m going to like this one because I like the original version and this one is even better because of the ultra fine tip.
I never tried the eyeliner pencil before so this is my first time, it is an automatic / twist eyeliner pencil so you don’t have to sharpen it. This is also waterproof so it should be great on the lower waterline.
I used this pencil on my lower lashline as well on my waterline and I like both ways. It doesn’t smudge on my eyes (yay!) and this has creamy texture so it won’t hurt when you use it to tightline your eyes. Because both of the eyeliner claim to be waterproof, I decided to put them on a test!
Just applied (look how pigmented and how thin of a line the liner can make)
After I run it under the sink
After I wiped it (while wet) I am happy and satisfied with the result! It doesn’t move when it’s wet as long as you don’t rub / wipe it. Even after I wiped it, the liquid just move a bit and the pencil stays quite the same! So I agree on the waterproof claim. I did my makeup using of the products mentioned and here is the result!
So, that’s all for my today’s blogpost I hope you guys find it helpful and you’re having a nice day! xo’s Nadya Aqilla.

1 comment:

  1. I used to have Revlon Colorstay liquid liner, but it smudged on my eyes since I rub it a lot.
    How about skinny version? Is it smudge on your eyes?
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete